Is a Woman alone Responsible for infertility?
Category : blog
This is a myth that women are always responsible for the cause of infertility. Infertility is a disorder of hormones which can affect the men and women fertility; hence both are equally responsible for the cause of infertility. According to the study, about one-third of infertility cases are caused by women’s problems. Another one-third of fertility problems are due to the man and the rest of the cases are caused by a mixture of male and female problems or by unknown problems. But we are leaving in a male dominating society where they do not accept that men are equally responsible for not conceiving a baby. When they meet their doctor and came to know that not only women but men also dealing with the cause of infertility which means there is poor or low sperm count, sperm not present in ejaculate etc. can be the reason. After that, they decide to undergo some fertility treatments to fulfill their dream of having their own baby.
What is infertility?
Infertility is an ability not to conceive a baby after having regular intercourse for more than 12 months. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant may also be infertile. But with the advancement in medical science, the Fertility Center Nepal has various fertility treatments which help infertile couples to conceive a baby.
What are the factors that cause men fertility?
The following are the factors that cause man’s fertility and these are:
- Poor functioning of man’s sperm that includes the quality of the man’s sperm.
- Changes in man’s hormone levels.
- Blockage in man’s tube which carries sperms can cause male infertility.
- Low sperm count which can be due to an enlarged vein inside that loses the skin surroundings of man’s testicles.
- Cancerous or non-cancerous growths.
- Genetic disorders.
- Radiation and X-rays.
- The sperm quality can also be affected if there is any bacterial infection inside the man’s testicles which can convert as sexually transmitted infection (STI).
- High intake of alcohol, drugs, and smokes can also affect the man’s fertility.
- If the man had undergone for any surgery like vasectomy which is a procedure for preventing the sperms from leaving the testicles.
- Medicines, especially those treating cancer, fungus, and ulcers can also be a reason for men infertility.
What are the factors that cause women fertility?
The following are the factors that cause women fertility and these are:
- The women who are dealing with the problems to their reproductive system such as blocked or damaged fallopian tubes, the abnormal opening of the cervix, cancerous or noncancerous growths in the uterus, enlarged ovaries etc. can affect woman’s fertility.
- A procedure where the fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal collect the women eggs from her ovaries and mix with her partner’s sperm to facilitate fertilization, however, there are some women who face challenges while ovulating every month and for them, pregnancy is a big challenge.
- Disease and disorders which include endometriosis. Endometriosis is a disease or disorder due to which women it becomes difficult to conceive as her uterine tissue will grow outside the uterus where she has enlarged ovaries that contain fluid-filled sacs.
- Age is a major factor which affects the fertility of women as the older women face challenges while getting pregnant as her fertility decrease with increased age.
- There are many women whose menopause stopped before their age of 40 years and they face challenges to get pregnant, also they face the other problems like immune system disease, cancer treatments, or a genetic syndrome.
- The women who had undergone for the cancer treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy etc. can affect her fertility.
- Medicines, especially those treating cancer, fungus, and ulcers can affect women fertility.
- Access consumption of smoke, alcohol or any other drugs will harm the egg production which makes difficult for women to get pregnant.
- An absence of woman regular periods can also affect her fertility.
- Body weight of women can also be a reason for infertility. According to the study, overweight and underweight, both cases can affect a woman’s chances of getting pregnant. So, the fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal suggest the women who are undergoing for the fertility treatment to maintain the ideal weight according to her body mass index (BMI) to achieve the successful results of treatment.
How fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal treat infertility?
The fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal treat infertility using medicine, surgery, artificial insemination or assisted reproductive technology. Many times they combine these treatments to achieve the highest success rates of the pregnancy. In most cases, infertility is treated with drugs or surgery.
Fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal recommend specific treatments for infertility based on:
- Blood test reports and ultrasound scans
- How long the couple has been trying to get pregnant
- The age of man and woman both
- The overall health of the partners
- Preference of the partners
Fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal often treat infertility in men in the following ways:
- Sexual problems: Male member who are dealing with impotence or premature ejaculation. In such cases, the fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal use the behavioral therapy and/or medicines to treat infertility in men.
- Too few sperms: Sometimes there are chances that surgery can correct the cause of the problem. However, in other cases, the fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal can remove the sperms surgically directly from the male reproductive tract. They use antibiotics to clear up infections affecting sperm count.
- Sperm movement: There are chances that men semen has no sperm because of a block in the man’s system. In such cases, surgery is the best option to correct the problem.
The fertility of women can be corrected with surgery. The fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal use medicines to treat women with ovulation problems. Before taking these medications it is important that you should speak to your fertility expert about the pros and cons of these medicines. You should understand the possible dangers, benefits, and side effects before you consume any medications as it is a matter of your health.
Leave a Reply