Category : blog
The couples, who are struggling with the cause of infertility, for them not only infertility, cause stress, but stress may affect their fertility. It has been found that people who are unable to conceive a baby feel more stressed and not able to concentrate on their day-to-day life. The study says that fear about infertility can also lead to tension with your partner, and this can reduce your chances of pregnancy even further.
As we understand, coping with infertility is stressful, but it doesn’t mean that you give up and not try for better results. If your doctor is unable to find out the reason for your ovulation problems then you need to meet some good fertility expert who will help you in finding the causes which are stopping you to become parents and also help you in learning the better ways to cope with the anxieties that come with infertility.
What are the tips to reduce stress to increase fertility?
The fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal will provide the best tips which help in reducing your stress and increase your fertility chances and these are:
• Firstly, you both need to accept that you have no control over the past or the future. It means that you need to make a deal with yourself to live in the present and deal with the diagnosis.
• Keep communicating with your partner.
• Try to get emotional support which you can take from a couples’ counselor, books, internet or support groups, which can help you to cope with infertility issues.
• Try to do some stress-reduction therapies such as meditation or yoga.
• Avoid taking caffeine and other stimulants.
• Exercise is the best way to release your physical and emotional tension, so for better results exercise regularly.
• Discuss the medical treatment plan with your partner, including your financial limits.
• Try to gather more and more information on the causes of your infertility and search for the best treatment option which helps you in conceiving a baby.
• Do not leave your job to reduce your stress level as it will increase your stress level. To make yourself comfortable try to be with your friends which distract your mind and supports you.
• And finally, remember to be your own best friend. Stop blaming yourself and your partner, treat yourself and your partner with consideration and respect which you give to others.
What is artificial insemination?
Artificial insemination is a simple procedure which has few side effects, and this procedure helps many couples who were unable to conceive a baby. Artificial insemination is a procedure in which the fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal will directly insert the sperm of your husband into your cervix, fallopian tubes, or uterus. The most common method of artificial insemination is the intrauterine insemination (IUI) where the fertility expert will place the sperm of your husband into your uterus. This is a very helpful procedure for the couples who are unable to conceive a baby as this procedure makes the trip shorter for the sperm and gets around any obstructions. Your fertility expert may suggest this method as the first-line treatment for infertility.
What type of infertility is treated with artificial insemination?
Artificial insemination is a procedure which can be used to treat many fertility problems. For example, in cases of male infertility, where the sperm counts are low or when sperm are not strong enough to swim through the cervix and up into the fallopian tubes, etc. can be treated with artificial insemination. When the issue is with female infertility, where the women have a condition called endometriosis or she has abnormal reproductive organs then this method may be right for the women if she has unreceptive cervical mucus. This means that the mucus which surrounds the cervix prevents sperm from getting into women uterus and fallopian tubes. Artificial insemination is a procedure where the sperm skip the cervical mucus entirely and the fertility experts often suggest this procedure when they are unable to find out the reason a couple’s infertility.
What happens before artificial insemination?
The fertility expert will use ovulation kits, blood tests and ultrasound to make sure that women are ovulating when they get artificial insemination. After that, your husband needs to provide his semen sample. Your fertility expert will advise your partner to avoid intercourse for 2 to 5 days before the procedure so that he is able to produce a high count of the sperm. When your husband semen sample is collected it will be properly washed in a laboratory within one hour of ejaculation.
What to expect during artificial insemination?
During this procedure first, your fertility expert will wash your husband sperm in the laboratory to remove the chemicals in the semen which may cause discomfort for you and raises the chances of getting pregnant. The lab technicians liquefy your husband sperm at room temperature for 30 minutes and after that, he or she will add a harmless chemical which separates out the most active sperm. After this, your fertility expert will place the sperm in a thin tube called a catheter and put through your vagina and cervix into the uterus. Artificial insemination is short and a painless procedure. You may experience some cramping during the procedure and light bleeding afterward the procedure is completed. Once the sperm properly set into your uterus you can go back home and resume your normal activities. There are some cases where your fertility expert will give some fertility drugs before the procedure so that you are able to produce more healthy and mature eggs.
Success rates of artificial insemination
The success rates for artificial insemination may vary individual to individual. There are some reasons where this procedure provides the lower success rates and these are:
• Age of the women is above 35 years.
• The couple has a poor quality of egg or sperm.
• A severe case of endometriosis.
• There may be a lot of damage to women fallopian tubes, usually from long-term infection.
• Blockage of women fallopian tubes.