Endometriosis: Chapter and Verse Minutia From Beginning to End
Category : blog
What is Endometriosis; is there any best way to get rid of this disorder, what are the symptoms of endometriosis, its complications, diagnosis and its stages- these are several things, which you need to know about endometriosis. Let’s discuss all the points one by one in order to get the essential information about endometriosis.
What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is that case, where a female’s endometrium grows outside the uterus, or we can say the tissue that makes up the lining of the uterine wall grows outside the female’s uterus and thus it causes pain.
Endometriosis is generally found to be in female’s lower abdomen, ovaries, fallopian tubes, this tissue sometimes may spread beyond pelvic organs. Women who face with endometriosis, often suffer from lower abdominal pain, she may feel pain during sexual intercourse and pain during the menstruation cycle. Endometriosis largest disorder is infertility; Yes! due to a severe level of endometriosis issue, the female won’t be able to give birth with the help of her partner. The couple has to settle on some of the fertility treatment to get pregnant. On the other hand, some of the women with endometriosis disorder may not have any symptoms at all. Fertility Centre Nepal offers the best medication of Endometriosis in marked down and affordable cost all over the world.
Endometriosis symptoms –
- One of the common symptoms of endometriosis is pelvic pain.
- Women with endometriosis suffer pain during menstruation cycle (dysmenorrhea)
- A female may face infertility issue
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- A female experiences cramps one or two weeks around menstruation
- Discomfiture with the bowel movement
The stages of Endometriosis –
These are four stages of Endometriosis, on the basis of the level of endometriosis issue; one can find its exact solution. In the first level of endometriosis, there are small wounds or lesions endometrial implants on the ovary and also inflammation around the pelvic cavity.
Mild endometriosis involves shallow endometrial implants on an ovary and the pelvic lining too. In the stage of moderate endometriosis, these occurrence starts taking place deeply on the female’s ovary & pelvic lining, more lesions, and wounds.
During the severe endometriosis level, there are more lesions on the fallopian tubes, deep and extreme endometriosis implants on the pelvic lining and ovaries.
What happens during Endometriosis disorder?
As discussed above, Endometriosis is a disorder, where the inner lining of the uterus starts developing outside the uterus that may be on the female’s ovaries, fallopian tubes, and pelvic cavity. This inner lining of the uterus is known as the endometrium.
It sometimes can spread beyond the female’s pelvic region (it is quite rare but found in some of the women). The tissue that starts growing outside of the female’s uterus is known as an endometrial implant. The disorder of endometriosis occurs when the tissue lining of the uterus (endometrium) starts spreading on the tissue lining of the pelvis, ovaries and the bowel.
Tissue that grows outside of the uterus, they continuously act as it normally would- this tissue becomes thick, gradually it breaks down and then it bleeds with the female’s menstrual cycle. This displaced tissue becomes trapped and has no way to exit from the body.
Tissue that has developed near the ovaries is termed as endometriomas. These all the displaced tissue (if not treated earlier) slowly and gradually causes irritation to the female, eventually form the scar tissue and adhesions that may affect pelvic tissue and other organs to stick with each other. The tissue that has trapped in the female’s pelvis and has no way to exit from the body, can cause –
- Fertility-related problem
- Extreme pain during menstruation
- Formation of the scars
Is there any specific cause of Endometriosis –?
Although the exact cause of this disorder is not proven yet or not certain, possible explanations by the researchers are given below –
- Retrograde Menstruation – this happens when the female’s menstrual blood starts flowing back through the fallopian tubes into the pelvic cavity instead of making exit from the vagina.
- Some of the cells in the body outside of the female’s uterus may change to become similar kind of cells, which lines the uterus
- Surgical scar implantation
- Immune system disorder
- Endometrial cell transport
How Endometriosis is associated with fertility related problems?
Approximately one-third of the women with endometriosis have trouble with infertility and struggling phase to get pregnant. Between 20-30% of the cases of female infertility will have the disorder of endometriosis and this is the reason why they struggle with their childbearing phase. Endometriosis seems to affect fertility in given points-
- Inflammation and irritation caused by the endometriosis disorder
- Inflammation of fimbria (that picks up the female’s egg and reaches it into the fallopian tube) may result in the egg not arrive at the exact destination.
- Inflammation caused by the endometriosis disorder also damages the sperm and the egg.
- Endometriosis, at some case, also blocks the fallopian tubes resulting infertility
- Scarring of the ovaries and the tubes also results in fertility related issue
How Endometriosis is best treated?
- By Pain medication (to ease painful menstruation, the medication may involve – Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Advil, Motrin IB, Naproxen sodium etc. It may happen that the female won’t get full relief then she can talk to her doctor and approach for another treatment.
- Surgery – Surgery is used to remove the endometriosis lesions, also used to get rid of the scar tissue in order to locate the ovaries and the tubes back to their normal place.
- Hormone therapy
- Hysterectomy with the removal of ovaries
- If you are facing infertility due to endometriosis then you have to meet up with the fertility expert, they will recommend the treatment once after knowing the stage of endometriosis. Usually, IUI, IVF etc. is done to get to the bottom of this disorder.