Are you struggling to achieve pregnancy? Having hurdles in achieving pregnancy and seeking best guidance from the fertility expert? Here you are landed on the correct page, where you can find a complete detail regarding the pregnancy-associated issue. This page is about the information What to Expect at a Fertility Centre when you are planning to go for medical assistance.
If you are getting trouble to conceive through regular unprotected intercourse for more than a year, then this is the time you should rush for a fertility clinic. There are specific criteria of this rule as well; you want to know what. Couples under the age of 35 and attempting to conceive for more than one year, they might have infertility and is recommended for them to go for the guidance. On the other hand, couples who are above 35 and under 40, if they are trying to conceive for more than six months, then they should plan for their fertility consultation without any delay. If you are plus 40, later after three months, you should pay a visit.
Your Ob-gyn will guide you for the next step and will recommend a fertility specialist who can solve the case if it is advanced. However, you need not take stress hearing the word – fertility treatment and meeting up with the fertility specialist. Take it Ease! It’s not at all a rocket science, where you have to think a lot.
So, you are outlining to pay a visit to the fertility centre. If yes, there are some aspects which you need to know before going fertility clinic for your fertility-related issue.
Several things you need to keep in your mind –
We understand the first step of the fertility journey can be both – exciting as well as nerve-racking. Couples at their first appointment with the fertility specialist have n number of question marks and the subject to ask.
The first consultation of yours is essential in many ways; mainly, it’s an opportunity for you to find the keys of your so many questions. The main motto of the first consultation is to build a clear map of your fertility journey. During the session, the couple meets with the fertility expert and the team that cares for the patient’s requirements and needs. The specialist will evaluate the individual’s infertility issue. Once the doctor gets confirmed about the root behind infertility, the specialist will plan to perform the most appropriate treatment for your case.
Now the major question comes, what to expect, and what should be the preparation you need to do for your first consultation in the fertility centre.
Mentioned below are all the essential aspects which you should know for the first visit to the fertility centre.
What does a couple need to Bring?
- A couple is required to bring the copies of medical
records, that may include –
- Records of the medical history
- If the couple has undergone any fertility evaluation or treatment
- Pre-plan the questions you want to ask from the fertility expert. It is the best idea one can do before lining up the consultation with the fertility centre. During the session, you need to ready to give the answer asked by the specialist as well. However, make sure you ask all questions by your side.
- You can be there at the fertility centre with your partner. It’s not necessary to bring your partner. But for you to have your partner by your side makes a comfort zone to discuss with the specialist.
During A Couple’s Initial Consultation – Prepare yourself for the diagnostic test and the treatment if the specialist will suggest to you after the confirmation of your infertility. Mentioned below are some of the helpful examples or questions that you can ask for the first consultation. You can add any of your questions as well in the below list.
- Fertility evaluation:
What is the cause that is becoming the hurdle in my pregnancy? What specific evaluation would you consider to diagnose my infertility reason? What is the cost of the evaluation test? How many fertility diagnostic options are there and which one is the best suitable at a reasonable price?
How many days do I need to wait to get the report of my infertility issue? Do I need to come again here in the centre or will I get my report through the mail?
The treatment of your infertility disorder depends upon the result of your tests. The doctor will profoundly evaluate the case and let you know the appropriate treatment based on your infertility occurrence. Meanwhile, a couple may ask the specialist –
- Based on the diagnostic tests, what are the fertility options available for me to get pregnant?
- May I know the success rate of the treatments in terms of successful deliveries?
- A couple must ask the success rate of the fertility centre, where they have been.
- Is there any side-effect or risk associated with these fertility treatments?
You would likely to encounter following tests at the first visit –
Couples, during their initial consultation, have to go through with some tests. These tests are done to evaluate the base root of the fertility issue of a male or female. The tests are used to diagnose the couple’s fertility problems; set-up a baseline structure for future tests, and to identify the problem that is interfering with infertility issue.
At the first visit, you’re possible to come across with the subsequent tests:
- Ultrasound to evaluate the female’s ovaries
- Blood work
(to test out female’s hormone levels) such as:
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- luteinizing hormone (LH)
- Thyroid- Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- PRL (prolactin)
- Evaluation of fallopian tubes
- Pelvic ultrasound examine
- A male has to provide his semen sample to the fertility centre
- Semen analysis test
- Blood tests
AT The End –
Once a fertility expert gets familiar with the exact cause of a couple’s infertility, the fertility team recommends the patient the most appropriate treatment based on their case. Each individual has different issue according to the infertility issue –
- If a woman is having the problem of ovulation, then it can be solved using the fertility drugs under the response by ultrasound. This procedure is known as ovulation induction. Ovulation induction is sometimes combined with IUI treatment as well (as per the case of the couple).
- If the female has an issue in her fallopian tubes (either blocked or damaged), then IVF treatment is recommended.
- If there is the primary issue of endometriosis, then IUI can also work. However, if a female has an advanced level of endometriosis, then IVF is the best option to achieve pregnancy.
- If a man has less count of sperm or low mobility, then IVF treatment with ICSI is referred.
- If a male has an advanced level of male factor infertility, then IVF-ICSI with Sperm Surgical Retrieval process is performed. This surgical procedure is suggested only when a male has no sperm in his semen sample.
Fertility Centre Nepal is one of the leading fertility treatments providers across Nepal and overseas as well. We do have several branches outside Nepal and inside Nepal. A couple, if seeking the best medical assistance for their pregnancy-related issue or fertility issues, then we are always there for them at any step.